Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Car

Okay so I know that my car is a piece of shit. I mean it is green with a maroon hood and red interior. I wrecked it once and everyone knows I don't exactly keep it immaculte. However, I got it for free, it gets me from point A to point B and it gets great gas milage. I think our cars reflect who we are. I may appear to be a mess but really inside I have a lot to offer. The other day Loren took my car to work so that the new car wouldn't get dinged. Well, I guess someone hit it and amazingly left a note on the car. At first I was really shocked and a little restored in the human race. Then I found out that hidden under the door handle was another note that someone else wrote saying so and so hit your car. Still I had hope that maybe there really are good people in the world. So I contacted the lady via e-mail and thanked her for leaving a note. Then I asked for her information. She replied that she would like to meet in person (still giving me no information). I told her that I did not think that was necessary and that we could do it all over the computer. She said she would have to talk to her husband beause she didn't want to file a claim, she wanted to pay out of pocket. Fine. Today she wrote me and said that she only scratched the paint and that she didn't do the damage to the fender and bumper. She says that her car (a suburban) was too tall and it could never have done that damage to my little car. I guess I don't know for sure that she did it being that it was parked in the parking lot. But, I do know the damage was not there and now it is. I know she hit my car harder enough that someone else left a not saying that this woman had hit my car. She also hit it hard enough that she felt it necessary to leave a note. I also know my car is tin and I dented the hood by sitting on it. So, the way I see it any tap from a suburban would cause some sort of ding to my car. So, I don't believe the dent was caused by anything else. I know that to most people look at my car and think what a piece of shit. I am also sure that she figures why the hell should I pay her money when the rest of the car looks like hell. I also am greatful she left a not but she also told me that she saw a passer by write the note and put it somewhere on my car. This makes me think her reasoning may not have been genuine. Part of me just wants to let it go becasue it is a huge hassel and hte car does look like shit. Part of me thinks you have already come this far you should see it through. I am so frustrated.

4 comments:

jenijennjen said...

you follow through dammit! just because your car is a POS doesnt mean that you should let that bitch get away with hitting your car. i mean, i totally understand what you're saying but it would be different if she didnt change her story... she hit your car and admitted to it. get some $ and put it towards buying a new car (cause you really deserve a brand-new beautiful car! and you tell Lo that i told you that, okay? ) dude, longest comment ever. sorry. love you. see you soon!
xoxo

Lori Huneke said...

i got hit by someone going down hopyard..just kinda veered into me. It was actually a student driver on his diriving test. ha ha!
and i figured it was seriously more of a hassle to be without a car for a couple days while they had it repaired. .so...i said. "whatever" and left it at that. i mean...my cars all beat up anyways..now ..if you can get some cash out of it..thats a different story. especially since shes a bitch. cant wait to see you.

leslaz said...

Hi Pam,
I agree with Jeni. Tell her you are calling your car insurance and that you are filing a claim. You have her email...and evidence she's not being forthcoming. Your insurance should be able to track her down or at least tell you what you should do. And you can totally put that moolah to good use. At the end of the day, she hit your car, someone else saw it, and they both left notes. It's pretty cut and dry. Good luck!
xoxo.

sweet said...

holy long comments. i just wanted to say hi and i love you.