Sunday, October 7, 2007

With All My Free Time.....

I have been feeling disconnected to well, everything so I thought maybe this would help. I like living in Ontario: jobs great, Lo and I are doing WAY better than I thought we would, I love having my own place, little things like grocerie shopping and going to the costco still make me happy, exploring the world of living with someone and truly learning to rely and trust them has been amazing. However, I miss having friends: people to just hang out with, drink wine and talk to. Poor Loren has got to be so sick of listening to me ramble on about school, my lack of friends and the five million other things that race across my mind on a daily basis. I keep telling myself it is just going to take time but until then it is just lonely. It does not help that Loren and I work completely different schedules so most of the time, when I am off, I am sitting home alone. He has tried to work his schedule so that he has weekends off but something always comes up and he's off. Yesterday it was a player signing. This morning we were woke up at 7 to one of his employees calling in sick. So, here I sit drinking my coffee and listening to my music (that is one good part about being home alone I can listen to my country music=)) wishing I knew someone to call and meet up with for coffee. Maybe I am just spoiled, I have not had a sunday in a very long time that did not consist of meeting up with someone for coffee. When I lived in Chico I met with Sammy, Megan and Mark and in Pleasanton Lori and Jeni were always up for a coffee run. Alright enough bitching.
Last night the winds kicked up for the first time. At 300 the banging of wind against the side of the apartment woke me up. I layed there for a while trying to go back to sleep but the rushing air seemed to be calling me. I went and stood outside feeling the gusts of air rush around me and I can honestly say it was a new experiance. The air was warm and extreamly powerful. I just kept thinking "wind is a crazy thing, it makes all this noise, I feel it moving around me but there is nothing to see." I guess I have never thought about wind before, but I have never been in wind storms like this before either. Because our apartment is in the middle of the complex the wind seemed to go in all directions. I looked down the alley to the street and I could see these huge dirt clouds roll down the street. It was pretty amazing. Since, I couldn't sleep anyway I went online and looked up what exactly caused the winds. It turns out it is the warm air from the desert meeting with the cool air from the ocean adn the mountains and as they meet they run down the mountains and through the valley. Well, something like that ( I told you it was 3 in the morning). It seemed to answer my curiosity because after that I crawled back into bed and fell right to sleep. This morning I sat outside and drank my coffee and enjoyed my "new friend" , the wind.

1 comment:

jenijennjen said...

yay! pammy is a blogger now! im so stoked! and i will see you soon! yay again!
xoxo